Resource Associates is one of the few organizations in the country to completely customize its professional development trainings to the needs of its clients. Whether our attendees are advance level grant writers who need to push their skills and award rates to the next level; or mid-career fundraisers who want to learn new skills and strategies for working "smarter not harder" in the field of fundraising; or members of a "Board of Directors" who are novice to the field of non-profit development, capital campaigns, and grant writing…Resource Associates will build a training session or program just for you. Our trainings are much less expensive than the "canned" workshops of other grant writing firms and are much more effective at assisting our attendees in meeting their capacity building goals.
What type of training interests you?
Are you currently (or desiring to be) a freelance grant writer or fundraiser?
Learn about our "Become a Grant Writer or Fundraiser in 2 Days Training"
Are you planning to provide grant writing or fundraising services for an organization that you work for?
Learn about our "Mentoring in Grant Writing & Fundraising"
Resource Associates offers one-day and two-day professional development sessions for small and large groups. Prior to delivering the training, our staff will engage in a free, telephone-based strategic planning session with you to identify the knowledge gaps and needs of the participant group as well as the goals and objectives for the training. This information is then used to form the content of the training. The fact that our trainings are specifically tailored to the audience is what makes this service unique and extremely effective.
Common topics of our group training sessions include, but are not limited to:
One-on-one mentoring and coaching sessions on grant writing, grant management, evaluation and/or fundraising
Grant Writing for Dummies
Intermediate Grant Writing Techniques
Advanced Grant Writing Techniques
Mastering the Capital Campaign
Director of Development Training
Fundraising that Works
Grant Evaluation for Dummies
Grant Evaluation for Intermediate Level Researchers
Strategic Planning and Grant Development Communication & Systems for Bureaucracies
Resource Associates capacity building workshops are great fundraising opportunities for non-profit organizations due to the fact that the training costs are so low and the demand to attend is high in most communities.
Although our costs vary depending on the size and content of the training, the majority of training sessions fit within the following fee structure:
Daily training fee of $1,500.00 + Expenses
(includes travel and minor material expenses)
If your organization is interested in hosting a grant writing training
workshop, please call our offices at 505.326.4245.
- National Training and Technical Assistance Cooperative Agreements
- Funders' Network - Local Sustainability Matching Fund
- Indiana 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program Grant
- Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grants
- Brownfields Cleanup Grants
- Brownfields Assessment Grants
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program Grants
- Texas Public Charter School Start-Up Grants
- Environmental Justice Collaborative Problem-Solving Cooperative Agreement Program
- Sunshot Incubator Program - Round 9
- The G. Unger Vetlesen Foundation - General Support Grants
- The Crowell Trust - Evangelical Christianity Grants
- Youth CareerConnect Program
- California Public Charter Schools Grant Program Dissemination Sub-grant
- California Workforce Investment Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act
"Since I began using Resource Associates 3 years ago, my rural Alaska school district has been awarded over $1.7 million in federal funds."
- Eric Gephart, Superintendent of Kake Alaska School District
"I am with a for-profit firm that assists cities and counties to build their financial capacity. I have hired Resource Associates a multitude of times to write grants for my clients which has resulted in over $5 million of much needed discretionary funding."
- April Broadway, Vice President of N'finity Consulting
"I just finished the 2 day grant writer mentoring. It was truly one of the best, most effective trainings I have ever experienced and it was completely customized to my skill level and needs."
- Leslie Schnoll Fitzpatrick, Development Director of Alternative Homes for Youth
"I have used other grant writers in the past and I can honestly say that Resource Associates is the best in the US, hands down."
- Aynn Daniels, President of N'finity Consulting
"My domestic violence shelter just received a $500,000 grant. Thank you so much, Resource Associates, for helping us improve the lives of Navajo women and children."
- Gloria Champion, Executive Director of Shiprock Women's and Children's Home
"The Compassion Capital Grant and Drug Free Communities Grant that Resource Associates wrote for my ministry were both awarded. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
- Rev. Joseph Henderson, President of Tower Ministries